Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Need to Change Blog Service.

I feel like I just went back into the Eighties. Where typing on a computer meant a good possibility of losing your work. Anyone remember using a cassette tape to save data?

Oh, how frustrating! I just had some great ideas. Now the pain of trying to recall and type them all.

Sorry folks but I'm not in the mood. I'm going to see how easy I can get this in to WordPress because maybe they have a better system to handle unsaved postings.

This is one example of why I'm cynical about people using the Internet. Maybe if I was ten years younger I'd know how to back it up easily. Now I'm just sick of this silly technology that won't make a back-up after 20 min of typing.

Surely many older people feel that work on the Internet can be a big waste of time and therefore won't even begin. Technology helps but a culture change is also needed.

"Change happens because people die." - Max Plank.

Maybe I'm too cynical but that quote rings true to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://ifocos.org/2008/02/22/why-all-news-is-local-especially-in-education/